Each of us have a different story …
No matter where we are on our life’s path the thought of being able to continue to do the things that matter to us as we age is desirable to us all but the challenges and the journey we face to achieve this are unique to each of us …. dependent on our genetics, behaviour and environment.
Like in the stories we have shared on this page, everyone’s situation, the challenges they faced and the ways they sought to overcome them are unique them. But we hope through reading their stories they may inspire, give you hope or motivate you to work toward more good days to your life.
Recent success stories
- Putting Reablement into PracticeAs a person living with Alzheimer’s disease, John Quinn is challenging the belief that a diagnosis means ‘end of life’. Here, he explains how, with adaptations and timely interventions, it is possible to live life well with dementia
- Taking Care of Cultural and Spiritual WellnessPaul Chapman’s story highlights the importance of providing services in a culturally appropriate way. Read his challenges and listen to his story here.
- Getting back to beforePhil had a fall at home that resulted in him being concerned about getting back to his usual daily routine and into the community where he could connect with others. Hear this story of empowerment from Phil’s perspective.
- Personal story – Moving is good for usWe all know moving more is good for us and the people we support. We know that we need to be more active but sometimes it can be difficult to get started. Sometimes its just about moving a bit more every day in whatever way works for each person.Take a moment to watch this great video about Sue and her determination to keep moving every day in a way that worked for her and has put her back on her feet.
- Small things can make a big differenceAn Aged Care Assessor went through some of the common everyday activities that Claire and her husband were managing in their home such as showering and dressing. It was during this process that Claire and her husband realised that there were some simple things they could do using small items of equipment, that would make their lives easier.
- Getting out and about to reconnectAfter he stopped driving, Stan decided it was time to get some help to be able to reconnect with his family and friends using a mobile app and public transport. Read about his story here